Preconception planning with one of our midwives is an excellent way to optimize your health before your pregnancy begins! You can increase your chances of a healthy, low-risk pregnancy, and improve overall fertility, by paying attention to nutrition and lifestyle factors at least 3-6 months before conception.
Birth Center Preconception Care can include:
- Thorough physical examination
- In-depth personal health evaluation including your menstrual cycle, use of birth control, nutrition and lifestyle habits, current and past medical conditions, relevant family history.
- Primary labs and tests (if necessary)
- Nutrition and supplement counseling to enhance fertility
- Review of current medications