While the words “birth center” are a core part of our identity, the midwifery model involves caring for people holistically, at all stages of life!
Some choose to use a midwife for their primary gynecological care because of the trusting, intimate relationships they built during their pregnancy and birth. Others are simply drawn to the un-rushed appointment times, genuine relationship building, and holistic model of care that a midwife can offer.
Well-Woman Care can include:
- Annual physical exams
- PAP smear and other preventative screenings
- Breast exams
- Family planning, including Fertility Awareness education, hormonal / non-hormonal birth control options and prescriptions
- Menstrual cycle health coaching
- Sexually Transmitted Infection education and treatment
- Holistic wellness including mental and emotional health support, nutrition, exercise, and other preventative health care.