“The majority of American women only give birth 2 to 3 times during their lifetime. I love serving women. I love being part of their birth and aiding in their success. Together we’ll create an Incredible Birth Day that she’ll treasure forever.” – Cathy Gordon, New Birth Company Co-Founder
At New Birth Company we recruit nationally certified midwives. They are intelligent, passionate, kind, caring, creative and generous midwives who share heart-felt beliefs consistently across our organization. Their actions are key to our culture. New Birth Company Midwives are highly skilled, competent and proficient birth professionals.
- Nationally certified and state licensed
- Experts in natural childbirth
- Creative in birth & comfort measures
- Study evidence driven outcomes and new concepts as they are proven
- Proponents of eco-friendly lifestyles
Our certified nurse midwives share these values:
- Care for women, babies & families
- Empower the women they encounter through education
- Devoted to birth
- Passionate for natural childbirth options
- Driven to protect natural childbirth
- Eager to change birth paradigm
The state of Kansas recognizes Certified Nurse Midwives and Certified Professional Midwives as appropriate care givers for healthy normal births at a birth center. Our midwives have relationships with other midwives, physicians and service providers to provide you comprehensive care options if the mother or baby develops conditions outside of normal pregnancy and birth parameters.
Midwifery is an ancient profession, with a proud tradition of providing care for women during pregnancy and childbirth. The midwifery model of care is one that views labor and birth as a normal physiological process. Midwives spend more time on wellness, prevention, and helping childbearing women maintain an optimal state of health. Midwives usually have a lower rate of interventions, care for each woman according to her individual needs, and include women in the decisions that affect their care.
Watch this video: About Midwives and the Care They Provide